for about 4 persons
ca 500g liver
1 large onion (or as much as you like), thinly sliced, divided in two portions
150 ml white dry wine (or so)
4 tblsp balsamic vinegar (and 1 teaspoon for later)
4 large firm apples (go for the sorts more on the sour side)
4 tblsp (60g) butter
2 tblsp your preferred frying oil
milk to soak the liver (a litle more than a glass for 500g liver)
3-4 tblsp wheat flour, mixed with 1 teasp salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut the liver in 1 inch cubes and put those in the milk to soak for a few hours (or some time).
2. Heat the pan, add some oil and butter, and half of the onions, fry a little (whilst you’re preparing the liver cubes)
3. Drain the liver cubes and flour them. Add them to the frying pan and fry (stirring often) on med.low heat till the juices run clear.
4. Whilst the liver is frying, peel, core and slice the apples.
5. Check the salt for the liver and add more if necessary.
6. When the liver is sufficiently brown, add the wine and balsamico. Stir in the other half of the onions and apples and cook until the apples and the onions are turning transparent, and the sauce thickens.
5. Check the taste. If necessary, add about a teaspoon of balsamico and stir it in. Turn off the heat and let the liver mixture rest for 10 minutes with the lid on.